Sea Sunday is a day set aside for churches and individuals to honor the unique and often overlooked contribution seafarers make to society. Seafarers make an invaluable contribution to international trade and the world economy, often at great personal sacrifice to themselves and their families. Sea Sunday provides an opportunity to specifically pray for the world’s 1.5 million seafarers. Global Maritime Ministries is hard at work every day reaching out to these forgotten seafarers along the Mississippi River. We have the opportunity to share the Gospel with them as we help to meet their physical needs. Our hope is that you would set aside a few moments in your church service on Sunday, July 14 to pray for seafarers as well as our ministry.
- Plan a special prayer time for seafarers during your church service using the prayer guide below
- Promote the Day of the Seafarer using the announcement slide below
- Download and print bulletin inserts to hand out to church members
- Invite one of our chaplains to come and share about the port ministry
- Download and show the video below during your service
- Collect a special offering for the port ministry
- Contact us to plan a time for your congregation to visit the ministry